Social login lets you implement login buttons of the most popular social networks in the world.
Set up buttons
- You will need to go to settings and set up the buttons App id and secrets for the social logins you want to use.
- Sort them and check the checkbox for those that should be shown
- Once you have edited the settings, use the module tab to place the buttons on the shop like any other module.
Why do some social logins require an email?
Some social networks do not provide the email from the profile, like twitter and vkontakte. Since opencart requires an account to have at least have an email, when the client uses one of such login buttons, he will be redirected to a page where he will be asked to add an email.
What is the last Popup screen?
Signing in with social networks is cool, yet it provides very little information about the customer. You mainly get the name and the email. And some networks do not even provide the email. For these cases you have an extra step at the end of the registration. It only pops up when the customer logins for the first time. You can customize it to fit your design - change the background image, add the fields you really need (all of them will be required, so think twice before activating them.)
If you have issues with setting up the module, try these steps:
- Check that your newly created App is activated. i.e. Facebook keeps new apps deactivated and Twitter needs extra checkbox to allow social logins.
- If you set everything right on the Social network page, but get error messages like: You cannot access this page directly. Try the Settings option: Activate index route to fix permission conflicts. It will replace the direct path to dynamic path of opencart.
If you have the option Activate index route to fix permission conflicts ON - your paths will look like this
But if you switch to OFF - you must change the paths to
- Check that you have access to your callback path - visithttp://opencart.dreamvention.com/156/d_social_login/catalog/model/d_social_login/hybridauth.php. You should see this text HybridAuth Open Source Social Sign On PHP Library. hybridauth.sourceforge.net/. If you do not see it - try adding permissions 755 or 777 to your folder http://opencart.dreamvention.com/156/d_social_login/catalog/model/d_social_login/
- Give it 1 hour to refresh the cache on the social network side and try again.
- Send us a support ticket at dreamvention.com/support
My social logins stopped working after update
Do not panic - its all good. We have implemented a new flow for the callback url process that goes directly through opencart index.php. In other words, we made it better.
But we also kept the old version. You can turn off the new flow by going to the settings tab and unchecking the option: "Activate index route to fix permission conflicts" OR simply setup the new callback urls in your Social apps (see "How to set up social apps?".)